Extra Open Gym sessions in the evenings
Sometimes life gets in the way of making our 3-6 CrossFit classes a week.
Sometimes we miss a particular workout, benchmark, or lift that we really want to make up.
Sometimes we want a little extra time outside of class to work on skills, drills, technique, or perform work that’s been assigned to you from your Coach.
The goals of Open Gym are as diverse as you all are, but here are some highlights of why you might choose to utilise it:
– Do some extra work that your coaches have prescribed to you
– Practice skills at your own pace, outside of the normal group
– Meet with friends, make new ones and workout with them
– Make-up a missed workout of the day
– Prepare for an upcoming competition or event
– Try new things –> PLAY with your fitness!
The gym is open and available to you. We have made it available so that there is little to no excuse to not get in and train/move or do something.
We have TWO AREAS for Open Gym: INSIDE & OUTSIDE RIG. For both spaces you have to book in to make sure that everyone has got a SAFE space to workout.
However classes always have priority on equipment, space needed etc so we just ask that you respect that when the Coach on duty ask you to work around the class.
A quick reminder, here are a few housekeeping rules and the hours Open Gym is available for your use:
1. If a class is going on, they have precedent on equipment/space needed for workout of the day.
2. If a Coach is briefing at the whiteboard or teaching on the floor, you are not disruptive or noisy during these times.
3. ALWAYS put equipment used away & clean up after yourself
4. If you’re seen doing something sketchy, you’ll be asked to stop. Please respect instructions by the Coach on duty. It is for your saftey.
5. We hope everyone understands the housekeeping rules however three strikes and we will ask you to stop using Open Gym.
6. This is NOT the time to bring a friend along
Open gym times:
INSIDE THE BOX:
- Monday 7am- 12pm & 7:30pm-9pm
- Tuesday 7am-12pm
- Wednesday 8:30am - 11am & 8pm - 9pm
- Thursday 7am - 12pm
- Friday 8:30am - 12pm & 6:30pm - 8pm
- Monday - Thursday 6pm - 9pm
- Friday 6pm-8pm
Please make sure you always book in before attending the open gym sessions it is available to a max number of people only.
**These Open Gym times are subject to change**